College Council 2012-13
Become an exemplary model of student success by developing and implementing best practices.
- Provide CurricUNET access and training for faculty
- Enhance our students’ experience with online instruction and services
- Develop a Skilled Certificate program for faculty and staff
- Continue to achieve 100% participation for course and program assessments
- Develop and implement prerequisites for general education courses
- Leverage technology to increase completion rates
- Focus on specific “at risk” populations
Enhance collaboration, consultation, and communication within the college and with external constituents.
- Improve curriculum implementation and review process
- Improve process for making technology requests
- Develop consistent, timely, accurate and efficient forms of collegewide communication
- Improve tracking of staff development opportunities and attendance
- Evaluate collegewide morale and perception of communication
- Develop and sustain partnerships with are educational institutions and businesses.
Facilities and Infrastructure
Improve maintenance of college facilities and infrastructure.
- Increase wireless coverage on campus
- Resolve CurricUNET Assessment module issues
- Develop and implement multi-tiered equipment allocation process
- Implement software to better track and prioritize maintenance needs
- Identify collegewide learning environment and operational space needs
Oversight and Accountability
Improve oversight, accountability, sustainability and transparency in all college processes.
- Improve Program Review processes
- Increase variety of staff development/FLEX offerings
- Monitor progress on Strategic Plan objectives
- Monitor progress on Actionable Improvement Plans
- Review college processes and provide training where needed
- Evaluate the impact of personnel and/or program reductions
Implement and evaluate existing major planning processes.
- Improve districtwide assessment through collaborative events
- Ensure internal deadlines are met
- Develop draft of Integrated Program Review
- Take advantage of cross-committee membership to further integrate processes.
- Evaluate college planning processes